The newest addition to the Aman fleet – Amandira – is a traditional Phinisi Schooner, with the ability to explore under motor power, or the romanticism of sail power as you explore the remote reefs and deserted beaches of Eastern Indonesia.
Travelling under sail as well as by motor, Amandira blends the Sanskrit-derived word for ‘peace’ with ‘dira’, which carries the dual meaning of ‘intrepid and courageous’ and ‘calm and composed’. Living up to its moniker, the 170-foot, two-masted phinisi sailing vessel is both steady and graceful, crafted from local hardwoods by Konjo artisans. Custom-designed as a luxury sailing and diving vessel, Amandira has world-class scuba facilities – there’s a leading dive master – and the equipment includes nitrox, which allows seasoned divers more time underwater. An experienced chef creates a menu of Indonesian, Western and international dishes according to guests’ preferences and the 13-strong crew promises intuitive, unintrusive service. The expedition is supported by a captain, cruise manager, housekeeper, waiter and massage therapist. Additional wellness specialists can join the expedition if cabin space allows.
Itineraries are specially designed according to passengers’ wishes and interests, with scope for spontaneous excursions and events – such as beach barbecues or romantic picnics – along the way.
- 170 feet (52 metres)
- Accommodates up to 10
- Crew of 13; includes private chef, dive master and massage therapist
- The foredeck’s lounge is perfect for sunbathing on loungers, drinks at sunset and stargazing
- Dining table on the main deck (seats 10)
- Spacious indoor and outdoor lounging and dining area with a TV and library of coffee-table books
- Teak and rattan furnishings custom-made from sustainable materials
- Scuba-diving is overseen by an experienced divemaster; nitrox included in equipment
- The Master Cabin is located in the stern, enjoying above-water views; king-size bed, living space with sofa, coffee table, writing desk, and a large ensuite bathroom with shower, separate WC and twin vanities
- Two Deluxe Cabins are set on the port and starboard sides; king-size beds, living area with sofa, coffee table and desk, and a spacious ensuite bathroom with shower, separate toilet and twin vanities
- Two cabins with single bunk beds and ensuite bathrooms. These are available on a complimentary basis when the first three cabins are booked, with a charge per person for food and drink
Grab your best friends or family and book the Amandira, a new five-cabin ship that’s essentially a seafaring version of the Indonesian island of Moyo’s swanky Amanwana hotel. Expect to spend your days snorkeling through the archipelago’s coral wonderlands, and evenings sipping French bubbly while you drift over the Equator.
For more information and reservation write firstname.lastname@example.org