Set atop a secluded cliffside overlooking the Indian Ocean is a tropical island escape that is a perfect slice of paradise. Surrounded by both the jungle and ocean, this picturesque hideaway offers a relaxing and inspiring stay. Unwind in luxurious villas, dine under the stars, explore cultural gems, ignite your sense of adventure, and indulge in everything this serene sanctuary has to offer.
Lelewatu Resort Sumba features 27 Sumbanese-style villas spread over 10 acres of exquisite landscape in Indonesia, about an hour’s flight east of Bali. You will enjoy a secluded stay with plenty of privacy due to the expansive grounds and space between each villa. Rich hardwood details and traditional Sumba designs provide the backdrop to magnificent views from open windows and doors that look out to the jungle and Indian Ocean. Marble bathrooms come with stand-alone tubs and outdoor showers. Take in more stunning views from your private balcony and private pool, complete with covered lounging pavilion and daybed.
Along with the upscale accommodations, enjoy amenities such as laundry service, daily refreshment of your complimentary mini-bar, and daily breakfast, lunch, and dinner, all included with your stay.
The extremely attentive resort staffs are ready to make this a truly memorable stay.
- Retreat to a spacious villa complete with gorgeous interiors and a private pool
- Enjoy breathtaking views of the jungle and Indian Ocean from your private balcony or bathtub
- Treat yourself to individualized treatments at Maraga Spa that use nourishing ingredients like coconuts, cloves, and salt
- Enjoy complimentary dining with island cuisine at Bokosawu and Le Humba, boasting delicious traditional and international fare
- Sink your feet into the sand of nine beaches surrounding the resort, including Pero, Marosi, and Bwanna beaches
- Cook with a chef, enjoy friendly competition in the full game room, and experience a traditional Indonesian Archipelago dinner
This secluded resort boasts plenty to do on-site. Make sure to stop by the luxurious Maraga Spa, inspiring gym, horse-riding track, full game room, and elegant boutique. You can also experience afternoon tea, cooking with a chef, a traditional Indonesian Archipelago Dinner, and hiking the elevated land. To fully discover the magic behind this tropical haven, be sure to explore beyond Lelewatu Resort. From traditional villages with ancient architectural digs and rugged, lush landscape to sacred lakes, picturesque waterfalls, and white-sand beaches — there’s no shortage of magic to uncover on Sumba Island
Admire the ancient architectural details and cultural traditions of the Sumba houses spread across the island. Then return to the jaw-dropping amenities, exceptional hospitality, and breathtaking scenery of Lelewatu Resort Sumba for an unforgettable stay.
Lelewatu Resort Sumba is set on the southwest coast of Sumba Island, a remote island in Indonesia, east of Bali. No matter which direction you explore, you are bound to stumble upon a rich collection of cultural sights and scenic beauty close by the resort.
Airport: Tambolaka Domestic Airport is 34 mi / 55 km from the hotel.
For more information and reservation write email@example.com